Skip headers Skip navigation
Print DTF lockup

How to report your property tax freeze credit

If you received the property tax freeze credit, you do not need to do anything on your 2015 federal and New York State income tax returns, unless you meet one of the following conditions.

  • You are a Yonkers resident
    Be sure to answer Yes to the question "Did you receive a property tax freeze credit?" on your 2015 New York State return.
    This will reduce your Yonkers tax due appropriately.

  • You itemize your deductions
    If you received your check in 2015, reduce your deduction for real estate taxes paid by the credit amount.

If you receive a property tax freeze credit in 2016, keep the check stub with your 2016 tax records. We will provide reporting information as we approach the period for filing 2016 taxes. 


Updated: February 26, 2016