Free filing resources
Now that you know what information you need and how easy the computation is, why not trying filing your return yourself.
Did you know that there are many places and resources available where you may be able to file your taxes for free? Try one of these available programs:
Free File Alliance software
- Available on our website.
- Can handle some non-basic returns (self-employment income, investment income less than $3,000).
- You choose the program that matches based on eligibility criteria (Note: the criteria changes annually).
Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA) Program
- Complete both federal and state returns for free using brand-name software. Income $72,000 or less (Note: the income amount changes annually)
- View videos on our website that will guide you on how to file.
- If you are filing a basic return (wages and the standard deduction), there is no income limit.
VITA- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
VITA offers free traditional face-to-face tax help to most taxpayers with income less than $57,000 (Note: the income amount changes annually)
TCE- Tax Counseling for the Elderly
TCE offers free tax help to individuals who are age 60 or older with no income requirements