Skip to main content

Update your personal or business information


Log in or create an Online Services account to change your physical or mailing address.

log in to update   Don't already have an account? Create one.

From the ≡ Services menu, select Individual change of address

Changing your name?

We will update your name the next time you file your New York State tax return under your new name.


To update your business address or phone, responsible persons (sales tax only), and other business information:

  1. Log in to your Business Online Services account or create one.
  2. From the ≡ Services menu, select Registrations and account updates.
  3. From the expanded menu, select the appropriate option.

Log in to update

Other business information includes:

  • owner or officer
  • NAICS code (if you changed or expanded your business activity)
  • identification number
  • legal name
  • DBA or assumed name

Change of entity

To request a change of entity (for instance, from an LLC to a corporation, or from a sole proprietorship to an LLC), visit the Department of State.

To report a completed change of entity, call the Business tax information center.

Sale of business

If you sold or transferred your business, or your entire inventory, you must complete and file Form AU-196.10, Notification of Sales, Transfer or Assignment in Bulk.

Report a change of business information by mail

To change your physical or mailing address, complete Form DTF-96, Report of Address Change for Business Tax Accounts.

To change any other business tax account information (as well as your address), file Form DTF-95, Business Tax Account Update.

To report a completed change of entity, call the Business Tax Information Center. There is no paper option.